Here are some links to help you build your business and fix your finances. I’ll keep adding to this page. I suggest bookmarking it for convenient reference.
Please note: Some of the links are affiliate links. This means if you decide to make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission.
Free Audio Book
- Audible.com: Click here to get your first audio book FREE today.
Many of the most hosting companies advertised on the Net are owned by one big conglomerate. Over the years, I have found it more and more difficult to get support and I wasn’t happy with the uptime.
- Siteground. I am using Siteground for ProsperityPlace.com and JoanSotkin.com. They are not part of the conglomerate and promise 99% uptime. I have been really happy with their support and uptime. They provide an SSL certificate at no extra cost. This is who I recommend.
- Scala Hosting. I have a few small sites with Scala and I have been very satisfied. They don’t have chat or phone support, but their email support is very quick. They are not part of the conglomerate.
Royalty –Free Images
- DepositPhoto.com -My favorite image site. They often have a 100 images for $100 offer.
- MorgueFile.com – Free photos
- Unsplash – Gorgeous free photos.
- Upwork.com – Great site for finding freelancers. I have hired many people from this site.
- Guru.com – Another great freelancer site. I have hired some wonderful people from this site.
- Virtual Staff Finder. Chris Ducker helps you choose the right helpers from his large group of virtual assistants who do a variety of tasks. This service comes highly recommended and can save you many hours of trying to find the right people.
Really Free Credit Report:
- Credit Karma.com: Really free credit score from Experian. Information to help you improve your credit score. Mobile app available. No credit card required.
Financial Management Software
- Mint.com: Free software for managing your finances.
- PulseApp: An easy-to-use tool for managing cash flow
Mailing List Management and Shopping Carts:
- Infusionsoft: I’ve been using this for almost two years. It’s a sophisticated system used by many successful Internet marketers. There is a learning curve, but it’s well worth the effort. There are many virtual assistants that can help.
- ConvertKit.com: A new player in this arena. A lot of heavy-duty marketers are switching to them. No cart, just email.
- MailChimp.com: Great for a starter. First 2,000 subscribers are free.
- 1ShoppingCart.com: An All-In-One eCommerce and Marketing Solution.
- aWeber: A popular list management and autoresponder system
- Constant Contact: Another popular list management and autoresponder system. I used this for a few months before I switched to Infusionsoft. Very helpful support team.
For Teleclasses and Webinars
- Zoom – This is what I’m using now for all group events and many client calls. Great interface, good support.
- WebinarJam.com. I used this for a while, but didn’t like that they connected via Google Hangouts.
- InstantTeleseminar.com: I used this for years for teleclasses and webinars. Good service, especially for teleclasses.
Small Business Essentials
- Dropbox: Used by many businesses for sharing files. I use this on a daily basis sharing information with people who work with me.
- Crashplan: Backups up everything and keeps files deleted from your hard drive. Lots of attractive features. This is what I’m using now. Great automatic backup for multiple drives. 30-Day Free Trial. Less expensive than some other services.
- Evernote: I can’t do without this. You can automatically save articles you see online. Also great for planning and so much more. Free service is enough for many. Yearly is only $49 for more storage space and other goodies.
- Trello – I use this to keep track of all of my projects. Free.
- RoboForm: Remembers all your passwords. Syncs across devices.
- Bit.ly – Free URL Shortener. Gives stats.
- KeyText (PC) and QuickKeys(Mac) Autowrite repetitive text, such as your email address. I use KeyText and love it.
- Instabuilder 2.0 and ThriveLeads; This combination is an inexpensive alternative to LeadPages. I used to use Leadpages, but switched to these two plugins. You don’t have to buy Thrive Themes in order to use ThriveLeads
- Pretty Link Lite: A great free WordPress plugin that allows you to make links such as ProsperityPlace.com/page without having to change the slug or make an actual page.
Podcasting Recording Software, Equipment, and Instructions:
- Acoustica (Windows). Free. Good basic editing features. Easy to use. Good support from the developers. Pro version available. I use the Basic version.
- Audacity (Windows or Mac). Free. Popular software. What I don’t like is that you have to save in their proprietary format (.aup), which often adds an extra step and extra files to the process.
Here’s what I use to record my podcasts:
Amazon.com. Use this link when you shop at Amazon to help support The Prosperity Show Podcast