Online Course Update and What You Need to Succeed TPS181
I promised to keep you informed about my progress in creating a course for Udemy, so that’s what I am going to do during this episode. I will also talk about what it takes to succeed when approaching something like putting together an online course – or any major project.
- I’ve been using Scrivener to plan and organize the course.
- There have been three iterations of the course as I moved towards being true to my own message.
- The biggest thing I had to get over was my own perfectionism.
- .You can go crazy if you try to be like the high-end people who spend a lot on productions.
- I kept finding things to do to avoid doing the actual taping.
- I share the setup that I’m using in order to look at PowerPoint slides while talking.
- My goal is to do one course a month, so I’m trying to put together a system that allows me to do that.
- It’s taking a long time, but I can see as I become more proficient, it can go much faster.
- Since my topic touches a personal cord, I think it’s important to be seen on camera.
- If I know the basics of how to do something, then I can do a better job of hiring helpers.
- The potential for income is great, but you have to be willing to do the marketing.
- What’s wonderful about the Udemy courses, you can keep changing things.
- People who succeed have discipline, determination, and a burnng desire to succeed.
- What matters, is the action you are willing to take.
- Until you start doing something, you can’t really know what’s really involved.
- You have to be really careful when shopping for services for your business.
- Don’t be overwhelmed by what you have to learn. Take it one step at a time.
- What’s wonderful about the Internet is that you can keep changing things.
Scrivener – Terrific software for writers and course creators. They have a free trial.
Course: Scrivener for Windows – a Quick and Easy Guide. Use coupon code fab19 (Valid until April 1.)
Outsourcing Udemy – Automate Course Creation and Profits