Get Past Not Enough w/ Joan Sotkin – TPS207
Today I want to talk about never having enough. About 95% of the people who contact me say that they do not have enough to do what they want or to invest in their business. They are always in this place of not having enough.
- If you have a not enough habit you’re going to make decisions that allow you to maintain that not enough habit.
- Not enough is not a financial state of being, it’s a mental state of being.
- The three main categories I talk about in my book are: Less than Enough, Just Enough, and More than Enough.
- It’s hard to get to a just enough or more than enough state when you feel not enough about who you are.
- A lot of people who have much more than enough also feel not enough.
- Enough is not a number, it’s a feeling. It’s a willingness to perceive yourself and what you have as enough.
- Not enough is a habit, it’s a way of perceiving your life and who you are in relation to other people.
- Not enough has nothing to do with money.
- You need to understand what enough is for you, and then make sure that you are earning that and that you have the skills that you need in order to earn that.
- You can’t simply say that you don’t have enough.
- The more satisfied you are, the more likely you are to make decisions or take actions that will perpetrate that satisfaction.
- There is a whole mindset to leaving your “safe job” to go into business for yourself.
- What is the purpose of your life? What do you want to accomplish with your life, and why do you want to do that?
- Is your motivation for making a lot of money really coming from a peaceful, heartfelt space?
- Be satisfied with what you can give.
- Not enough often is the same feeling of deprivation and longing that you had as a child.
- Feeling goals are as important as doing goals.
- Where I am is exactly where I need to be, to learn what I need to learn, in order to become who I am becoming.
- People who keep track of their money are much more satisfied with what they have than people who don’t.
- The goal is to feel enough.
- How much do I really need today and am I willing to be calm and peaceful and satisfied with what I have?
- There is no standard formula for figuring out what enough is.