Marc Mawhinney: How to use Facebook and Email to Build a Coaching Practice-TPS258
Marc Mawhinney is a lifelong entrepreneur who is on a mission to help coaches build successful businesses. He achieves this through his coaching programs; his podcast, Natural Born Coaches; his Facebook group The Coaching Jungle and his print newsletter, Secret Coach Club. In this episode, Marc shares a lot is a lifelong entrepreneur who is on a mission to help coaches build successful businesses. He achieves this through his coaching programs; his podcast, Natural Born Coaches; his Facebook group The Coaching Jungle and his print newsletter, Secret Coach Club. In this episode, Marc shares a lot.
- Facebook is where Marc connects to his audience.
- We talk about the growth of the coaching business.
- There’s something to say about working with a coach on a one-to-one basis.
- Is it true that the average coach makes $20K a year?
- A lot of practitioners don’t take care of their money and shy away from the financial part of their business.
- Coaches often come from jobs and they never had to worry about cash flow before.
- We talk about the value of having a printed newsletter.
- Marc talks about the value of having a Facebook group.
- Having a closed group is better than having an open group.
- Marc shares about a woman who only has 320 people in her group and gets her coaching clients from that group.
- Marc posts to his group three to four times a day. He shares how he does that.
- The best people are people who don’t overthink things and aren’t perfectionists.
- Marc talks about how he offers things for sale in the group and in his emails without pushing and how he keeps others from spamming.
- You have to keep a tight rein on the group to keep people from selling all the time.
- How to get value from posting to other people’s groups.
- Focus on where and what you are posting. Don’t try to post to a lot of groups.
- Most people are too impatient. It takes time to build up traction.
- Marc has been mailing his list daily. He talks about how long it took to get results.
- The three divers of Marc’s business are the Facebook group, his daily emails, and his podcast.
- The key is to write in your own voice.
- Every email has a call to action that isn’t a hard sell.
Marc’s site: www.NaturalBornCoaches.com
Marc’s Facebook Groups online course: Facebook Group Gold
Marc’s print newsletter: Secret Coach Club
Marc’s Facebook Group: www.TheCoachingJungle.com
Thinkific.com: Where Marc and I host our online courses