Make Money Your Friend w/ Joan Sotkin TPS149
It’s not unusual for business owners to say that they don’t like to take care of their money or that they don’t care about money – they just want to do the work they love and not worry about money. In this episode, I talk about how, if you want to make more money and have a successful business, you have to have a decent relationship with money.
- Think of money as a being that has characteristics of beings that live on Earth such as needing to be loved, touched, and taken care of.
- If you think that money will take care of you without taking care of it, it’s not a winning attitude.
- Examine your beliefs about money and wealthy people.
- Do you think of money as your friend or are you in conflict with it?
- Do you have any ingrained prejudices about money or people who have it?
- If you want money to take care of you, you have to take care of it.
- Money is not very creative. It’s very linear and needs guidance and likes to follow certain rules.
- Money needs boundaries and to be organized.
- When you give it what it needs, money will give you what you need.
- Do you blame money for your problems?
- Be mindful when you decide to invest money in your business.
- The only way to be really careful with money is to take care of it.
- Being mindful about your money includes making friends with it.
- What excuse are you using to avoid taking care of money?
- Your “life happens” account is very different from a savings account.
- Are you treating your money like someone you love?
- Stop grumbling about your money and decide to take care of it.
- Money can’t give you a sense of safety. Safe is a feeling.
- Your relationship with money is a mirror of your relationship with yourself.
- If you’re avoiding taking care of your money, you’re not taking care of a part of yourself.
The Freedom from Financial Struggle Program. www.FreedomFromStruggle.com