How Adverse Childhood Experiences Affect Your Finances TPS133
Research shows that certain childhood experiences are predictive of health and emotional problems later in life. In this episode, I explore how these messages can affect your business and finances and offer some suggestions for reversing the effects of these experiences.
- Your feelings are not who you are. They are just the notes you play to express yourself.
- Money is a good pathway to self-knowledge.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) can be predictive of adult outcomes.
- We don’t have to be stuck in our current persona. Who you have been can change.
- It’s so easy to stay stuck where you’ve been. That’s why it helps to work with someone who can guide you.
- Most people, no matter what their income, have money issues.
- Money is a mechanism you are using to express emotions formed in childhood.
- It’s very hard to put yourself out there when, as a child, you had to protect yourself from abuse.
- The easiest way to find a solution to an uncomfortable problem is to find out what’s going on emotionally.
- If you understand that, if you’ve had these Adverse Childhood Experiences, there’s a real reason for your behaviors, you can explore ways to change.
- When you work to build a new persona, you’re altering the energetic expression of your life.
- If underlying sadness is always there, you have to deal with the sadness.
- Examine your current persona and ask how can I change this.
- By looking at childhood experiences and being honest about my emotions, it allows me to feel more connected to other people.
- When you’ve had Adverse Childhood Experiences, you are more apt to push people away, which perpetrates aloneness.
- In order to bring in money, you have to let other people touch you.
- As you clear your feelings, “bad” things can stop happening to you.
- You have to deal with The Identity Factor – or your resistance to altering your identity.
- I don’t think it helps to tell the story over and over again. At some point you have to decide to create a different story.
- Ask yourself what would it feel like to have a great self-image.
- It helps to reprogram your subconscious with techniques like EFT, Be Set Free Fast, The Power Word Technique.
- We don’t have to be who we’ve been. We can become who we want to become.
- You have value for just being who you are.
- Are you willing to feel worthy?
- If you have any discomfort, personally or professionally, allow yourself to feel the feelings.
- I see so many people suffering who pretend that they aren’t.
- If you hope for peace on the Planet, take the step towards peace within yourself.