David Shriner-Cahn: Getting Unstuck – TPS221
If you’ve ever felt stuck, you’ll want to listen to today’s episode. David Shriner-Cahn is the host of the business podcast, smashing the Plateau, the resource for business leaders who feel they have stalled. As President of TEND Strategic Partners, David works with business leaders who need to get unstuck from a mid-career plateau where they may be in danger of losing the spark that has helped them succeed.
- Stuck is a feeling, not an actual situation.
- People are often hard on themselves and that causes feelings of frustration and fear.
- Change is inevitable and standing still is not an option.
- Getting to a point of success takes time. There are a lot of steps you have to take.
- You need to have a plan.
- You need to take continuous action and move forward.
- Having someone to whom you are accountable can help a great deal.
- There is part of us that has to be willing to go through the process.
- There are certain fears that keep people from doing what they want to do.
- If you have not dealt with your emotional issues, they’re going to come to the surface.
- You create situations for yourself so that you’ll get in touch with feelings that have been with you all your life but you may not recognize or may be afraid to express.
- When people open up a little bit and realize that there are opportunities that they just haven’t pursued and if they give themselves permission to pursue them, it’s extremely liberating.
- Support community is best.
- Common fears: fear of failure, fear of losing whatever success is gained.
- David talks about identifying client profitability.
- Feeling trapped as a child morphs into feeling stuck as an adult.
- Be really clear on what success looks like to you.Define it and describe how you would measure how successful you are.
- Have a method to look at the results.
- Results will tell you what works and what doesn’t work.
Strategic Coach https://www.strategiccoach.com/
Entrepreneurs Organization https://www.eonetwork.org/
David’s Podcast: Smashing the Plateau
David’s Site: www.tendstrategicpartners.com
To sign up for David’s Discovery Session: https://www.tendstrategicpartners.com/aboutus/contact/
David on LinkedIn
David on Twitter @tendsp https://twitter.com/tendsp