Mark Mawhinney: How Coaches Can Excel as Entrepreneurs TPS213
Marc Mawhinney is on a mission to help coaches build stronger businesses! A lifelong entrepreneur, he achieves this with his podcast, “Natural Born Coaches,” and his 1:1, group and online coaching programs. He frequently makes media appearances and is a contributor for Entrepreneur.com.
Today, Marc Mawhinney talks about coaches as entrepreneurs and how they can find their place in the business world and excel in their chosen field.
- The problem that a lot of coaches have is they don’t realize that they are really entrepreneurs.
- You have to be a hardened entrepreneur to make it as a coach, and a lot of coaches, unfortunately, haven’t realized that yet.
- If you’re a perfectionist, you’re probably in the wrong line of work. You probably shouldn’t be an entrepreneur because you’re screwed before you start.
- You have to throw cautions to the wind and just do it.
- Money goes to people who love and take care of it.
- You can’t market to high end clients unless you’ve got experience with people with money.
- Coaches need to fish where the fish are.
- Whatever you do, you have to be where the people are hanging out.
- When you give some value first, people will view you as an expert. But you have to approach it the right way.
- You have to have the desire to really connect to people in order to be a good coach.
- You need more than just a desire for money.
Mark’s course: Your First Five Clients
Mark’s main site: Natural Born Coaches