Is Being In Business for Yourself the Right Thing for You? -TPS254
There’s a reason why 80% of new businesses fail, and the reason often is that the business owner didn’t have either the skills or personality to make the business a success. In this episode, I talk about what it really takes to succeed in business – what you need to do and who you need to be.
- It takes a certain kind of personality to be in business for yourself.
- You have to be willing to deal with issues that come up internally and externally.
- Dealing with uncertainty is one of the most important skills you need.
- I talk about some of the uncertainties you have to deal with.
- If you are borrowing money from others or bringing in investors, you lose a certain amount of your freedom.
- If you require strict structure and certainty, you probably should not be an entrepreneur.
- Discipline is essential for entrepreneurs.
- It’s important to be organized.
- You also need a lot of determination. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to succeed?
- It takes inner strength to be in business for yourself.
- If you aren’t taking care of your money, you probably won’t succeed.
- Anyone who tells you is easy to build a business is lying.
- Are you resilient?
- Finding solutions often means asking for help.
- The help you get many not always work out.
- There’s so much competition that you have to know how to market.
- I talk about dealing with fear and risk.
- Are you willing to learn what you have to learn in order to succeed?
- If you don’t like selling, don’t go into business.
- I talk about the Hartman Values Profile which measures your critical thinking capacity.
- It’s important to understand your internal world and how family-of-origin issues are getting in the way of your success.
- It’s often difficult to recognize your issues on our own.
My Online Course, Financial Freedom Formula – A Holistic Blueprint for Success
Udemy.com for courses on many topics
Nick Loper’s Side Hustle Nation