Using The Power Word Technique for Current World Conditions
Uncertainty caused by economic conditions, political conflicts, and extreme weather events is making lots of people nervous and stimulating feelings of vulnerability. The erratic up-and-down movement of the United States stock market is a perfect mirror of this uncertainty.
Because of everything that’s going on in the world, it’s important that you use all available tools to help you deal emotionally with current events, and one of the most effective is the energy psychology technique Be Set Free Fast (BSFF). This simple technique allows you to quickly shift your emotions from fear and anxiety to a more peaceful state.
I first started using BSFF in 2002. I had been using EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) with my clients and for myself, then decided to have a few sessions with Larry Nims, the creator of BSFF, to see what it was like. I immediately found it to be effective and liked it better than EFT because I could treat so many more issues and subtleties of issues in rapid succession. I still like it better because no tapping is involved, which makes it easier to use in a meditative state, which I prefer.
In my book, Build Your Money Muscles, I introduced a condensed version of BSFF that I call the power word technique. The main difference between the two is that the Instructions to Your Subconscious, which are an important part of the technique, are more complete with BSFF. The official manual for BSFF, which I wrote with Larry, also has detailed instructions for how to craft the statements that are an essential part of this technique.
Today, I’d like to offer you a treatment for some of the feelings you may be experiencing because of current world conditions. Rather than explain the whole technique here, I’m going to suggest you read the Instructions to Your Subconscious that you’ll find on ProsperityPlace.com in an article about the power word. Read the article now.
It’s really quite simple, just read the statements below and where it says Power Word, use the word you choose as directed in the article linked above on ProsperityPlace.com. If you’re already familiar with BSFF, use your Cue Word.
I suggest you do this while sitting in a comfortable position.
First, take a moment to take a few deep breaths and tune in to your physical body. Become aware of any areas of tension, such as your abdomen, shoulders, forehead or chest. If you feel areas of tension, put all of your awareness in the tension. Take a deep breath, and repeat your power word (or cue word) until you feel the tension dissipate. When you feel the urge, take additional deep breaths.
Now read the following statements, either aloud or silently, and always include your power word. You can repeat any of the statements or the whole treatment multiple times, and you can also add any statements that come to your mind. If EFT is your preference, you can adapt the statements below.
- The current economy scares me. Power word.
- I’m so afraid I’m going to run out of money. Power word.
- It makes me angry that I have so little control over what’s happening economically. Power word.
- It makes me sad that I have so little control over what’s happening. Power word.
- It upsets me that I’m vulnerable to erratic weather conditions. Power word.
- I feel so vulnerable. Power word.
- I feel so powerless. Power word.
- I feel so vulnerable and sometimes just want to hide from the world. Power word.
- I wish all the turmoil would stop. Power word.
- I crave peace of mind. Power word.
- I crave peace of mind and it is difficult to find it. Power word.
- I’m afraid that if I let go of my fear and anxiety, I won’t know what to do. Power word.
- It feels as if I have to be afraid. Power word.
- I release my need to think about the future and hold onto my fear. Power word.
- I give myself permission to let go of my fear of the future .Power word.
- I am willing to let go of my fear of the future. Power word.
- I want to let go of my fear of the future.Power word.
- I embrace the opportunity that chaotic change provides. Power word.
- I have the ability to rise above current events and find solutions to whatever appears as a challenge. Power word.
- I look forward to using challenges as a way to grow strong. Power word.
Now take a deep breath in and out.
Keep in mind that instructions given in the Be Set Free Fast manual are much more complete. What I’ve given you here is a good way to start.