Shifting with the Times
A few weeks ago, I got a call from a man who lives in a retirement community in California who read my book Starting Your Own Business.
Mike told me that quite a few of the retirees in the community were interested in learning about starting a business because many of them still needed to create income in order to live comfortably.
The plight of the retirees is just one symptom of how people have to adapt to changing economic conditions in the US and other countries. Economic survival often requires a shift in focus.
Although shifting to a small business mindset after having a job for many years takes concentrated effort and creative action, with the proper guidance, creating a successful venture is within the realm of possibility.
Creating Strong Income Streams
It’s a fact that you can do a lot of growth work involving your money mindset as you examine and alter the beliefs and emotions determining your financial position. But if you don’t create strong streams of income, you will have a difficult time reaching your financial potential.
Mike’s call came at the same time I realized that I want to include more business-building and online marketing information as part of what I teach. This is the practical, real-world part of prosperity.
In the next few days, I’m going to ask you to participate in a survey in order to determine how I can best serve the needs of those of you who are thinking of starting a business or professional practice, adapting an established venture to current conditions, or hoping to build a more effective online presence.
Your answers to the survey question will help me develop easy-to-understand products and Webinars that can help you grow and thrive, such as the Website Basics Webinar I gave a few months ago. Your answers will also guide me as to what kind of discussions we can stimulate on my Facebook page so you can interact with people who share your interests.
A Major Secret to Success
Sharing both your concerns and knowledge with others is a secret that every successful business owner understands. The burgeoning popularity of all kinds of social networks, both online and off, makes getting the support and information you need in order to prosper easy and inexpensive.
For today, I’d like to ask you a few questions and suggest that you write down the answers so you can clarify the direction in which you want to move:
1. If money and time were no object, what kind of business or professional service would you like to build in order to earn more money.
2. If you already have a going venture, how much time and effort are you willing to invest in order to take your business or professional practice to the next level?
3. What do you feel is your greatest personal impediment to moving forward financially?
4. What kind of networking or participating in social networks are you doing now?
- Startup Nation: www.StartupNation.com
- 48days.net: www.48days.net
- Build Your Money Muscles: The information in this book forms the basis for all business success.
- Basic Business Package: Marketing Your Microbusiness and Starting Your Own Business