Loretta Breuning: Habits of a Happy Brain TPS184
Loretta Graziano Breuning is founder of the Inner Mammal Institute and author of Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin, & Endorphin Levels. As Professor of Management at California State University, and as a mom, she was not convinced by prevailing theories of human motivation. Then she learned how our happy brain chemicals work in animals, and everything made sense. So she created a wide range of resources to teach people how to make peace with their inner mammal. You can wire yourself to enjoy more happy chemicals and relieve more unhappy chemicals at www.InnerMammalInstitute.org.
- Loretta explains how animal behaviors are directed by brain chemicals, as are human behaviors.
- One-upmanship is informed by brain chemicals.
- Your brain evolved to take care of your needs.
- Habituation: when you lack something, it seems like the most important thing. As soon as you get it, it loses it’s importance.
- Happy brain chemicals are meant to dip. When it does, we seem something is wrong.
- Financial fear is the fear of dying.
- Your brain is obsessed with your legacy.
- We talk about how to rewire your brain to have different responses.
- The news is full of survival threats.
- No amount of money is going to protect you from end of life.
- You don’t see the world as good guys and bad guys.
- In 45 days you can train yourself to create new responses.
- Focus on ways that you are good at survival.
- Loretta talks about how to integrate the ideas about happy brain chemicals into a business.
- When you get an unexpected reward, it causes a dopamine release.
- We compare ourselves to others as a mammalian survival technique.
- Someone who is dominant is not necessarily happier.
- We all want someone to look up to and trust.
- Groups only stick together because they have a common enemy.
- Overpopulation is a serious problem.
Loretta’s site www.InnerMammalInstitute.org
Social Media Links
Loretta Breuning on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LorettaBreuningPhD/
Loretta Breuning on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lbreuning