Jordan Goodman: Getting Practical about Money TPS80
Jordan E. Goodman is “America’s Money Answers Man” and a nationally-recognized expert on personal finance. He is a regular guest on numerous radio and television call-in shows across the country, answering questions on personal financial topics. He appears frequently on The View, Fox News Network, Fox Business Network, CNN, CNBC and CBS evening news.
For 18 years, Jordan was on the editorial staff of Money magazine, where he served as Wall Street correspondent. While at Money, he reported and wrote on virtually every aspect of personal finance. In addition, he served as weekly financial analyst on NBC News at Sunrise for 9 years and the daily business news commentator on Mutual Broadcasting System’s America in the Morning show for 8 years.
Jordan Goodman is the author / co-author of 13 best-selling books on personal finance including Master Your Debt Fast Profits in Hard Times, Everyone’s Money Book, Master Your Money Type, Barron’s Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms and Barron’s Finance and Investment Handbook.
He has also written 6 special focus editions of Everyone’s Money Book on College, Credit, Financial Planning, Real Estate, Retirement Planning and Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds.
- Jordan is all about helping people do better with their money & solving their financial problems
- He is not a financial planner. He is a financial journalist – The Money Answer Man – and loves providing financial education.
- Amazing. People in business to make money have no idea how to do it. Too many Business people are concentrating on their business but not running their business.
- Running a profitable business should be the main focus.
- Cash flow management – Business and personal – Many say “We’ll get around to it later.” Delaying “White Knight Syndrome” – Something is going to come along and change all my bad habits
- Yes my financial system is a mess and I will get to it later. And then it is too late to retire….
- Jordan talks about planning for contingencies – Planning for the future – There are a lot of emotions wrapped up in the money piece.
- You can be the master of your debt instead of being a victim.
- Tip: Mortgages – Instead of refinancing – Mortgage equity optimization strategy – paying it off in 5 years… http://truthinequity.com Life transforming.
- Tip: Credit Cards – Good Credit – http://creditcardperks.com list best credit card deals
- Tip: Credit Card Debt – Non profit credit counseling agency – Debt management plan one payment per month http://cambridgecredit.org 800 897 2200
- Tip: Bankruptcy – When should Bankruptcy be a consideration? A final consideration. Learn the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
- Tip: Student Loans – High levels of debt – Not dis-chargeable in bankruptcy –http://consolidatecollege.com 855-305-1878
IBR program Income Based Repayment program
Settle the debt http://studentloanhelptoday.com 855-533-2860
- It is really difficult to make progress when you have student loans to pay.
- A job is about the employer not about the employee .
- Schools train people to be employees not entrepreneurs.
- Tip: Entrepreneurship – Get organized in the right way. Getting set up seriously as a business Set your business up so you can sell it eventually. You have to know the rules of the road.
- The internet allows connection – networks – get funded through crowd funding – form and finance businesses. Peer to Peer lending – Lending Club – Peer Form, accredited –
- Age really doesn’t matter – Keep going – It doesn’t matter when you start to be successful.
- Commercial mortgage bridge loans – http://commercialmortgagebridgeloans.com
Contact Jordan Goodman