Joe Sanok: Great Advice for Building a Professional Practice TPS 227
Joe Sanok is a top speaker, mental health counselor, business consultant, and podcaster. He is the host of the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. Joe is also a writer for Psych Central, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Bustle, and Yahoo News. He is a keynote speaker, author of five books, and is a top consultant and a really successful business guy.
- Joe discusses why he decided to not just be a counselor, but to also be a business person.
- Joe and his family went through a series of difficult health issues in 2012, which led him to examine how he was using his time.
- Joe realized he really wanted to help other counselors build their practice.
- Every person has to look at how they’re using their energy and their brain space.
- For people who are struggling with their energy and their goal setting, you really have to start with, what’s the end that you want to achieve?
- If you want to move forward in your business, there are three steps to go into: slow down, spark, create.
- Slowing down is purging, having a practice and presence.
- Joe talks about the things that get in the way of a person building a successful practice.
- The person that’s going to believe in your services the most is YOU.
- When we can understand the trigger events in our life, it helps us understand our money issues.
- The idea of slowing down is you have to make sure that your body is taken care of so you can serve the world.
- Joe shares ideas for expanding a business by creating multiple streams of income while actually slowing down, so you’re not burning yourself out.
- Finding a balance between work and rest is important because it sets the direction for your whole profession.
- The more people are willing to look at their numbers the more empowered they feel and the less they worry.
- Joe talks about the value of paying attention to your business, your money, and yourself.
- We get to do the kind of work that we want to do because we put in the time how to figure it out.
Joe Sanok’s Website
Joe’s Free Book here