How Empathy Will Contribute to Your Success TPS151
We’ve been talking a lot lately about empathy and how the emotional dimension of who we are is being discussed by a lot of business coaches and consultants. In this episode, I talk about how you can develop the empathy that is necessary for success and to be a good leader.
- Empathy is about your ability to understand another person’s point of view and what they are experiencing.
- It’s important to have a personal connection with people.
- The Hartman Value Profile measures a person’s empathy levels.
- Step out of your own ego and imagine what another person is experiencing.
- When working with clients, I ask myself, if I were in their situation, what would I be feeling?
- I can feel what you’re feeling without thinking that I have to fix it.
- The emotional piece is always at play in business
- In order to put yourself in another’s position, you have to be in touch with your
- All selling happens on an emotional basis.
- Take some time each day to become more aware emotionally.
- You can reprogram your subconscious to believe it’s not dangerous to feel your feelings.
- I give some tips for getting in touch with your feelings.
- Physical pain is often an expression of emotional pain.
- I don’t have to experience pain in the moment in order to understand your pain.
- You can learn to be present with people.
- Observe people and see what you can learn.
- When you can be more present with people, you’ll be more effective in business.
- You can tell what people are thinking via their body language.
- The goal is to feel closer to others, and this will help your business.
- When you give people what they need, they will feel closer to you.
- Lead with love.
- In business, it’s really important to take a moment and sense where your client is.
- A good leader doesn’t try to dominate.
- Empathy is a leadership skill.
How to Read a Person Like a Book by Gerard I. Nierenberg and Henry H. Calero
The Definitive Book of Body Language by Barbara Pease and Allan Pease