Finding Inner Peace in These Tumultuous Times- TPS236
Last week, I found myself feeling a bit sad about what’s going on in the United States. A number of people in my spiritual community had a talk about it and it really helped to talk about it. In this episode, I talk about different ways to find a peaceful place within ourselves and with each other.
- I feel some grief because I think we’ve lost something.
- The answer is not ignoring the news.
- It’s important to have rational conversations with others and to be able to share what you are feeling.
- So many people are acting in their own self-interest.
- Instead of blaming each other, we all take responsibility for what’s going on, the outcome would be different.
- It’s amazing how many people don’t know how government works.
- If we were less angry, our society would be different.
- Part of the problem is the focus on making a lot of money.
- I share a technique that makes it easier to have a conversation with someone you disagree with.
- It’s important to ask, “What can I do to understand the other person?”
- If we are all kind to others and accepting of other people’s views, life would be easier.
- We have to find the peace within ourselves.
- Whatever you are feeling about what’s going on, are feelings you’ve had for a long time.
- Often, anger from childhood acts out as anger toward authority figures.
- Feeling powerless can affect our business outcome.
- If I don’t like what’s going on, what is it within myself that I’m seeing reflected on the outside.
- What matters to me is to be kind and loving to other people.
- What do you need to do to find a place of peace within yourself?
- We aren’t separate and each of us adds to the energy of the whole.
- What can we do as a group to both put the energy out there and to bring it into ourselves.
- We need to learn to love ourselves and other people.
The Celebration – www.TheCelebration.org