David Ralph: How He Built His Successful Podcasting Business TPS241
I first met today’s guest, David Ralph, in December, 2014 when he had me on his podcast, Join Up Dots. It was actually an interview that had a big impact on me because he was really interested in the story about how I gave everything I owned away. His positive response helped me see the value of sharing that story. David has a great story of his own. He showed a lot of courage when he left the corporate world where he had been for over 20 years as a trainer and started his podcast. He now has a top-rated podcast and teaches other people how to make podcasting work for them.
- We talk about why podcasters feel so connected to their guests.
- David shares how he got into podcasting after leaving corporate and how he has monetized his podcast.
- It’s taken three years for everything to come together for him.
- David’s persistence has been important for his success.
- David made a lot of money coaching people, then it all disappeared and he went into panic mode.
- If you are creating a job for yourself that isn’t fun, it’s the wrong job.
- David talks about what marketing has worked and not worked for him.
- You have to be a big version of yourself.
- It’s more mindset than anything else.
- David talks about how he started teaching people podcasting.
- The mechanics of podcasting are simple. David inspires people to keep going.
- We talk about how people who start podcasting who shouldn’t be podcasting.
- Introverts can be good podcasters.
- Podcasting takes more time than most people realize.
- You can make money if you keep going for three or four years.
- Focus is really important.
- David is branding everything as confidence building for podcasters.
- The questions people should ask themselves if they are considering starting a podcast.
David’s site and podcast: www.JoinUpDots.com