Danny Iny of FirepoleMarketing.com talks about how to use failure as a positive force, what it’s like having to deal with a $40K/month nut, the importance of managing cash flow, and what entrepreneurs need to know in order to succeed. Read more
Measuring success by one’s financial bottom line is in fashion now, and many people dream of having large sums of money, thinking that this will allow them to feel happy and free.
More than once, I’ve heard the expression, “It’s an abundant universe,” and that whatever you want is just there for the taking. There IS abundance in the physical world, but that doesn’t mean that everybody has the capacity to generate large sums of money. Read more
If you think you should be earning more or have any discomforts about your money, listen to this episode. Read more
- Entrepreneurs have a lot of fear that causes them to avoid dealing with their money.
- Fear of the unknown, running out of money, not knowing what to do.
- What you need to have a business that is balanced.
- The advantages of keeping track of your money. Read more
- Uncertain times exacerbate fear
- Fear is about the future.
- Financial fear is not dependent on how much money you have.
- Financial fear is never about money, but about the consequences of not having money.
- At the base of the fears are emotions such a shame, guilt, deprivation, and the fear of being alone. Fear of losing face or losing your position.
- Another base for fear is behaviour learned from parents.
- People worry because they think if they stop worrying, everything will fall apart. Read more
Great utility for remembering passwords that syncs across devices. www.Roboform.com (Affiliate Link)
Highlights from Today’s Episode
- You can’t build a successful business if you have a lousy relationship with money!
- Signs of both a good and bad relationship with money
The 5 Keys are:
- Count your money
- Be aware of your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions about money and wealth Read more
Do you remember the fuss about the movie and book The Secret and the Law of Attraction? The basic theory presented was that if you get your mind in the right place, everything you need will just show up. I was amazed at how many people I met were absolutely sure they were going to win the lottery.
Long before The Secret came out, I did endless affirmations, created and hung a treasure map where I could see it every day, and imagined I was acting as if I was wealthy.
I was also training myself to stop worrying, criticizing myself, and complaining, and I was cultivating an attitude of gratitude.
Did money come flying in the window? Did I suddenly have a lot of customers? Read more
A researcher at a Netherlands university conducted a study to see if women who want to lose weight are more motivated if they see a picture of a skinny model. The volunteers were given diaries to note what they ate and when. Half the volunteers got a diary with a skinny model on the cover and every page. The other half received a diary with a logo.
The results: The women with the diary with the skinny-model picture actually were not able to lose weight or gained weight, while those with the logo diaries lost weight.
The conclusion: The researchers said that “repeated exposure to models with unrealistic body sizes changes the dieter’s belief about the attainability of a thinner self.” This demotivates the dieters and they tend to move away from rather than towards their goal.
How does this relate to your finances? Read more