Ani Alexander: Get Your Book Written and Published TPS188
Ani Alexander is a bestselling fiction author, host of the Write to be Read podcast and the founder of Publish to be Read – a company that provides services to writers who want to self-publish their books. Her mission is to inspire and encourage writers to become successful authors. Her site is www.AniAlexander.com.
- Ani shares the story of how and why she went from corporate to where she is now.
- Ani publishes her books via Kindle and Create Space and helps other people do this.
- Unless you’re a famous writer, you have to do a lot of marketing for your book.
- Ani also addresses mindset issues that writers have.
- Writers are often not ready for helpful criticism.
- Fear of failure or success keeps people from actually writing the book they want to write.
- Writing is a lonely process.
- It’s important to connect to other people who share your writing struggles.
- The editing process can be painful.
- We get emotionally attached to what we’ve written.
- A good editor makes sure the reader gets the best experience possible.
- It’s difficult to open yourself up and put your ideas on paper.
- Only 1% of people who want to write a book finish the process.
- There are many times when writing is a struggle.
- Ask why you want to write the book.
- Books have become the new business card.
- Making lot of money from book royalties is unrealistic.
- A book is one piece of the holistic puzzle of your business strategy.
- Books that only take a week or so to write are usually done with repurposed content.
- Books are getting shorter.
- Ani shares the process she takes writers through to get the book published.
Ani Alexander’s site: www.AniAlexander.com
Ani’s podcast on iTunes: The podcast is also available on her site.
Social Media Links
Ani Alexander on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAniAlexander
Ani Alexander on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AniAlexanderAuthor/posts
Ani Alexander on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/write2bread/
Ani Alexander on Twitter: @
Ani Alexander on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0zZR9H-ZHZvpNuBEllnpw