John Colley: Successful Udemy.com Instructor Shares His Secrets TPS168
A few weeks ago, when I was looking for someone to create a graphic for a Udemy course I’m putting together, I found today’s guest, John Colley, on Fiverr.com, of all places. He’s not a graphics person. What he has become is a top instructor on Udemy.com, the popular online learning platform. Over 23,000 students have enrolled in his courses and I immediately knew I needed to contact him. Since then, I have listened to dozens of episodes of his podcast, the Online Learning Podcast and I’ve taken a number of his Udemy courses.
John has an interesting background. He’s a graduate of Cambridge with a Master’s in Business Administration, he served in the British army, and he has been an investment banker.
- John shares how, as an investment banker, he decided to start participating in online learning.
- He chose Udemy.com because they make it so easy to put your first course together.
- Online learning is great because you can deliver content in so many different ways, which makes it more engaging.
- Each lecture is very short and digestible.
- When you are learning the course creation process, you can learn from the community.
- You have to look at it from a volume point of view.
- The more value you provide people, the more you stand out.
- John can now plan and produce a full Udemy course in about two weeks.
- John shares how much time he spends learning and working on his business.
- You need to look at the time spent as a long-time investment.
- If it’s not a pleasurable experience, you can’t be effective.
- The real cost of putting together courses is time.
- My passion is overflowing into a whole lot of areas.
- John shares which course topics are most popular
- You have to stick to your area of expertise.
- If you create a framework, people can enter the framework from many points of view.
- Let the framework come together organically, but identify the courses that will get you the most traction the quickest.
John’s Website: www.jbdcolley.com
Here are the links to John’s courses. Just click on the link and the discount will show automatically.
Udemy Course Masterclass Level 1 – For New Instructors
Normally $97 – $9
An introduction to creating Udemy courses: 29 lectures and 3.5 hours of content
Udemy Course Masterclass Level 2 – Intermediate
Normally $297 – $19
Taking it up a gear: a more complex course covering 130 lectures and 21.5 hours of content
Udemy Course Masterclass Level 3 – Advanced
Normally $297 – $39
My latest advanced course on Udemy – 146 lectures and 15 hours of content
Udemy Course Directory, featuring the Visokio Omniscope Viewer
Normally $19 – $9
A directory of Udemy courses covering over 21,500 courses and over 9,000 instructors
Free Audio Book: Master Udemy: From Passion to Profit with Online Courses
Normally $47 – For the Prosperity Place Audience – Free Coupon Code: PPFree
Listen with me as I share my Udemy journey and experiences, guiding you through the course creation process.
Audio Book: This is NOT your normal Udemy Course – it is a 100% Audio Book and its not listed in the Udemy Market Place although it is hosted on Udemy.
The Password to Access the Course is “AudioBook”