Can Beliefs Really Be Changed? TPS163
- I talk about the feelings that come when women are in competition with men.
- Men are taken more seriously than women.
- There’s a different feeling about men in our society than women.
- So the question is, How do I recognize a belief that creates certain feelings and still move forward in a male-dominated world?
- There are times when, in the presence of men, I feel myself contracting.
- I share my experience being part of a minority group.
- People often talk about changing beliefs about money, wealth, and wealthy people.
- If you believe that people like you don’t make a lot of money, you can become aware of the belief, and the feeling associated with the belief, then have a dialogue with yourself about the validity of the belief.
- Advice from my dog Angel: I’m here, I have every right to be here, and I know you’re going to love me.
- Use Angel’s advice when you go into a group of people and feel self-conscious.
- What would you rather be feeling?
- When I find myself making a judgement based on my belief, I say to myself, “I’m grateful for the gift of every moment.”
- It’s a matter of being ok with what you believe.
- It’s hard to establish relationships with people when you’re very judgemental.