How You Create Your Life Stories w Joan Sotkin TPS159
Because we’re coming up to the end of the year, I want to recap my theory about how we create our life stories. If you understand this principle, it’s easier to figure out why you are in the position you’re in and why certain themes repeat throughout your life. This theory has helped me transform myself from a sick, dependent, and financially disabled person to the successful business owner I am today.
- Years ago when I was wandering around with everything I owned in a backpack, my brother was driving around in a Ferrari. I wondered why he had the life he did, and I had mine.
- You have thoughts, beliefs, and emotions that lead to behaviors.
- Your emotions are the creative force behind your life stories.
- I think it’s easier to look at thoughts and emotions than beliefs.
- People are now talking about emotions and emotional intelligence.
- I talk about how childhood experiences inform our emotional habits.
- Our need for connection and touch are core needs that we have.
- Touch deprivation is related the longing that results in underearning or over-earning.
- Wouldn’t it be better to be motivated by joy rather than longing?
- As you move forward, look at what keeps showing up in your life, like disappointment.
- You don’t have to have a feeling vocabulary. You have to learn to connect to the kinesthetic experience in your body and notice if it’s contracted or expanded.
- Your emotions are part of who you are. They are the notes you play.
- You may have to have someone lead through this process.
- You can make a decision if you’re willing to go deep inside of yourself.
- If you haven’t dealt with your feelings, they will show up at some point.
Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal by Donna Jackson Nakazawa
The Fantasy Bond: The Structure of Psychological Defenses by Robert W. Firestone
Freedom from Financial Struggle Program: www.FreedomFromStruggle.com (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
To set up a complimentary coaching call, click here.