17 Ways to Heal Yourself and The World Around You
Like many of you, I’ve been finding ways to adapt to what has become a new and evolving financial reality. Although often difficult or confusing as the world economic and political systems go through turbulent shifts, new opportunities keep opening up for those who are willing to step out of their comfort zone and let go of the past.
This is a time of enormous possibility. As the old systems heave before they crumble, we all have the option of being active participants in creating a world powered by love, compassion, and cooperation.
Not a task for the faint of heart, moving fully forward into this new paradigm takes focus, courage, and the willingness to step into the unknown. It also requires faith in a positive future and an understanding that some of our greatest achievements often emerge from difficult and confusing times.
And one more thing. Action is required.What can you do to contribute to bringing this world into being? Here are some things to think about:
1. Set a clear intention of what you want to create for yourself and your family, not in terms of money, but in terms of an emotional experience. For example, “I intend to let go of worry and anxiety and replace them with inner peace and faith in myself and my future.”
2. Replace self-criticism with self-love. When you do this, you add positive energy to the consciousness of the planet. Read Love Yourself Exercises
3. Give your body/mind the high-quality fuel it needs for optimal performance. Each week, make at least one new healthy food choice such as replacing a sugary dessert with a piece of ripe fruit. (Download the free e-book Nourish Yourself for Health & Happiness)
4. Exercise. Something as simple as a brisk, 20-minute walk will produce endorphins, those wonderful brain chemicals that lift your mood. Plus, the exercise has enormous benefits for your health.
5. Let go of “rugged individualism,” which is a passé concept. Joint ventures and collaboration boost your abilities to succeed.
6. Ask for help. You will feel less alone and more connected.
7. Do something special for yourself.
8. Reach out to someone who is hurting. Your caring can make a big difference to someone feeling isolated and alone.
9. Recycle and reuse. Our throwaway society hurts the planet and our environment. Help the planet heal by using and wasting less.
10. Acknowledge others and yourself for a job well done.
11. Let go of judgments of yourself and others. When you hear yourself judging someone else, say to yourself, “I am grateful for the gift of every moment.”
12. Live in gratitude. Every day find at least five things to be grateful for.
13. Stop complaining. Complaining is a waste of time and accomplishes nothing. Instead, look for solutions to your problems.
14. Learn something new every day. The Internet is an incredible resource for learning new information and developing new skills.
16. Listen to birds singing.
17. Face your fears. (FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real.)
18. Be the change you wish to see.