Dealing with Financial Fear-TPS4
- Uncertain times exacerbate fear
- Fear is about the future.
- Financial fear is not dependent on how much money you have.
- Financial fear is never about money, but about the consequences of not having money.
- At the base of the fears are emotions such a shame, guilt, deprivation, and the fear of being alone. Fear of losing face or losing your position.
- Another base for fear is behaviour learned from parents.
- People worry because they think if they stop worrying, everything will fall apart.
- Stay focused in the present.
- Ask yourself, what is the worst that can happen. Write down your answers or speak them out loud.
- Get your house in order. Clutter adds to the confusion. Clutter, for many, offers a sense of security.
Suggested Action for this Week
- Make a list of everything you are worried about.
- Choose one room or a corner of one room and clear out the clutter.
CreditKarma.com: Truly free credit scores and other helpful information.
John Robbins story. The New Good Life.